From: Qiangning Hong <hongqn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] patch for ecopy
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 07:47:47
1 On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm not sure how others feel
3 > about potentially having more files in $FILESDIR than the latest ebuild
4 > requires, but I know that for the tree this is not desirable.
5
6 Well, I agree with you. Let us keep the tree as small as it can be :)
7
8 > That said, my opinion on the matter is that it is a known limitation of
9 > ecopy, that I won't fix. It probably is possible to "port" the
10 > fetch_files function from eupdate to ecopy, but someone else should do
11 > it then (and maintain it).
12
13 Instead port, maybe it'd be better to extract some common functions
14 from eupdate into a, say, eutils.sh, and let both eupdate and ecopy
15 source it and use the functions to analysis ebuilds?
18 Qiangning Hong
19 http://www.douban.com/people/hongqn/
20 --
21 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list