From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix/Windows
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:43:26
Hey all!

I'm preparing to conquer the world (again) ;). To achieve my goal, I have
prepared a new Gentoo Prefix on Windows Setup, and the according
documentation. All this should be up on the distfiles mirrors within the
next few days. In the meantime I have something to watch/read for all of

A short Video showing off a Gentoo Prefix Installation:

The final draft of the Installation Manual packaged on the DVD Image:

If you knew the old setup, you'll notice that the new one is much more
powerful/easy-to-use/consistent. Also there is only one single DVD image
now, in contrast to the multiple CD images there were before. The single DVD
contains support for _all_ supported platforms/architectures (sfu3-x86,
sua5-x86, sua5-x64, sua6-x86, sua6-x64, sua6-ia64). Some of those are still
experimental, but hey - most of prefix is experimental, right? :) For more
detailed information, see the docs linked in above.

Hope some of you are interested in this :)
Cheers, Markus