From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix/Windows
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:43:26
1 Hey all!
2
3 I'm preparing to conquer the world (again) ;). To achieve my goal, I have
4 prepared a new Gentoo Prefix on Windows Setup, and the according
5 documentation. All this should be up on the distfiles mirrors within the
6 next few days. In the meantime I have something to watch/read for all of
7 you:
8
9 A short Video showing off a Gentoo Prefix Installation:
10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az1RR60s5n4
11
12 The final draft of the Installation Manual packaged on the DVD Image:
13 http://dev.gentoo.org/~mduft/gpx-installation-20090820.pdf
14
15 If you knew the old setup, you'll notice that the new one is much more
16 powerful/easy-to-use/consistent. Also there is only one single DVD image
17 now, in contrast to the multiple CD images there were before. The single DVD
18 contains support for _all_ supported platforms/architectures (sfu3-x86,
19 sua5-x86, sua5-x64, sua6-x86, sua6-x64, sua6-ia64). Some of those are still
20 experimental, but hey - most of prefix is experimental, right? :) For more
21 detailed information, see the docs linked in above.
22
23 Hope some of you are interested in this :)
24 Cheers, Markus