From: Ben Peddell <klightspeed@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Interix issues
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:08:56
1 I've been trying to build a gentoo installation on Interix.
2 I've been following the instructions at
3 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml
4
5 First issue I ran into was the bug that I mailed to grobian.
6 ===================================================================
7 --- bootstrap-prefix.sh.orig Mon Jun 4 00:53:50 2007
8 +++ bootstrap-prefix.sh Mon Jun 4 01:38:15 2007
9 @@ -523,6 +523,7 @@
10 exit 1
11 ;;
12 esac
13 + MAKE=make
14 ;;
15 *)
16 eerror "Nothing known about platform `uname -s`."
17 ===================================================================
18
19 Next issue was with findutils. It couldn't determine how to get the list
20 of mounted filesystems.
21 I found a patch for gnulib (included in findutils) at
22 <http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-coreutils@×××.org/msg05403.html>.
23 I don't know whether or not it is GPL clean, as it has not been included
24 in gnulib CVS.
25 Even so, I have made a correction to it, and added a check in
26 "gnulib/m4/ls-mntd-fs.m4".
27 See "gnulib-interix.patch".
28 I reckon that it would be good if one could enumerate all of the mounts,
29 rather than having only one directory to scan.
30
31 I am now up to trying to `emerge --oneshot sed`, but am getting "masked
32 by: corruption". This could be due to the lacking md5sum, sha1sum, etc.
33 On trying to build coreutils to attempt to fix this, I came upon the
34 same problem as with findutils.
35
36 I'll probably ask bug-gnulib@×××.org what happened to the patch for
37 Interix - whether it is clean or not.
38
39 I'll also get back on the progress of the install. I'll most likely have
40 to bring Interix back to a clean slate, as I had attempted to install a
41 non-prefix gentoo on it.
42
43 Keep up the good work.

gnulib-interix.patch text/plain