From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] can't emerge app-arch/rpm
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:35:38
On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 09:29 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> > I presume it means you added it and classed as untested. > > > > I've no idea what all the hunk failed was about though. > > "Hunk failed" is saying that some patch failed. You see that when > patches don't apply anymore.
Sorry Jeremy, I realise that it's part of a patch that failed. What I failed to understand is why Fabian decided to cut & paste the import process and show that something failed patching did an edit on it and then further went on to commit it. It'd be much easier to understand if Fabian just said "o.k. done, but it's untested".