From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] 'Continuous Integration' for Gentoo Prefix?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 13:01:01
1 Hi Sam,
2
3 Sam Pfeiffer <sammypfeiffer@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > With Azure announcing unlimited minutes on CI/CD for open source
6 > projects:
7 > https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-azure-pipelines-with-unlimited-ci-cd-minutes-for-open-source/
8 >
9 > Even bootstrapping Gentoo prefix, with pieces of software like gcc
10 > taking very long to compile, is possible.
11 >
12 > The point is: I have been trying to build Gentoo Prefix during the
13 > last days after a few months of break since the last time I touched
14 > the system. And it's failing. I haven't managed yet to bootstrap it
15 > completely. I feel there is no CI/CD setup to catch these issues and
16 > be able to offer a working version of Gentoo Prefix at any time.
17
18 I completely agree with you. I hope you can carry on this project to
19 setup proper CI for Gentoo Prefix. I am all in for help, portage/ebuild
20 mentoring and coorperation.
21
22 A CI for Gentoo Prefix has been on my list for ages. Thank you for
23 triggering this.
24
25 Yours,
26 Benda