From: Timo Kluck <tkluck@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] minimal portage prefix install
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 10:44:42
1 Dear Gentoo-Alt developers,
2
3 I would like to use portage prefix for my own custom package tree,
4 independently from the standard portage tree and overlays. I found it
5 quite difficult to isolate the necessary steps for that from the
6 bootstrapping scripts.
7
8 For example, suppose that I have two packages, called package-a and
9 package-b. Suppose they have an automake file that just puts empty
10 files at $prefix/a and $prefix/b, respectively. So with gentoo-prefix,
11 I'm expecting those files to end up at $EPREFIX/usr.
12
13 (1) How would I install portage-prefix, preferably from git, to
14 $EPREFIX? Is just
15
16 ./autogen.sh
17 ./configure --prefix=$EPREFIX/usr --with-portage-user=$USER
18 --with-portage-group=$USER
19 make
20 make install
21
22 sufficient?
23 (2) How would I setup the configuration files for portage and the two
24 ebuilds on my local system?
25
26 So I'm trying to use the system's bash, make etc.
27
28 This is part of my effort to see whether we can use an existing,
29 well-maintained package manager to replace the current naive packaging
30 system of Sage (www.sagemath.org).
31
32 Thanks a lot in advance!
33 Timo Kluck