From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:26:24
1 On 25-03-2009 16:44:59 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > If you mean having prefix-keywords in KEYWORDS, then no: live-ebuilds
3 > might be prefix ready or not, and they usually just have empty KEYWORDS.
4 > To mark an ebuild prefix ready, IMO it should set PREFIX_KEYWORDS.
5
6 What's the difference? ~x86 != ~x86-linux. Ebuilds with empty KEYWORDS
7 technically say they don't work for anything. It remains a problem,
8 even when PREFIX_KEYWORDS is set, simply because I don't think you can
9 (and should) be able to tell if a variable is set in order to mask it in
10 the resolving phase. You just evaluate somehow which keywords are to be
11 accepted, and then you figure out it is masked.
12
13 > > For haubi-style ACCEPT_KEYWORDS we need a GLEP/proposal on gentoo-dev
14 > > for the next EAPI.
15 >
16 > Agreed, although I don't think this should be an EAPI thing, as EAPI-0
17 > ebuilds can have distro-keywords too.
18
19 That's true, but you need metadata cache for this not to be awfully
20 slow, so it won't be painless. Hence I prefer to stick with my
21 observation for now that
22 ( gentoo-x86-keywords ) U ( prefix-keyword ) = Ø
23 So, in what what way you want to administer them, they remain the same.
27 Fabian Groffen
28 Gentoo on a different level