From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] unemerging causes a bad symlink removal
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:46:55
1 On 01-09-2009 15:56:28 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > > I have to see the context of it to say for sure, but it looks as if it
3 > > just prevents it from removing symlinks, which is not what we want
4 > > either, of course.
5 >
6 > O.k, any ideas ?
7
8 looks like Portage already tries to avoid doing something wrong:
9
10 if pkgfiles[objkey][0] == "dir":
11 if statobj is None or not stat.S_ISDIR(statobj.st_mode):
12 show_unmerge("---", unmerge_desc["!dir"], file_type, obj)
13 continue
14 mydirs.append(obj)
15
16 it only removes directories that are in mydirs, and technically it
17 should never find your /usr dir, so that seems to be the bug to me
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level