From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Creating new ebuilds for Gentoo Prefix
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:52:36
1 On 14-07-2008 16:49:28 +1000, Matt Michalowski wrote:
2 > Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 >> If you really need it, we'll have to revive it again. I dropped the
4 >> 2.4 series when the 2.5 series were doing fine in Prefix, because Python
5 >> is a downright hell, and I wanted to avoid maintaining that hell where
6 >> not absolutely necessary.
7 >>
8 > Wasn't Python (both 2.4 and 2.5) quite problematic on Leopard, and
9 > Pipping was only able to get 2.5 compiling on Leopard with some patches
10 > pulled from Apple's Darwin 9 sources?
11 > (this is my possibly incorrect recollection of history)
12
13 I removed 2.4 since there was a security update on it, which resulted in
14 a big mess again. We had 2.5, it worked fine, so I decided to nuke 2.4.
15 Could be that there were some problems on Leopard with 2.4, but that
16 doesn't have to be a showstopper, since we can mask there, if necessary
17 :)
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level
23 --