From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] emerge fails on wheelgid
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:53:47
1 On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 08:12:49PM +0000, Marshall McMullen wrote:
2 > But there was never any resolution as to what might be causing this
3 > problem and I had since given up. But, now I have renewed reason for
4 > getting this to work, so I would really appreciate some help in figuring
5 > out what is going on. For the system I am using, I do not have a local
6 > account or group on, only LDAP accounts.
7
8 To me it looks like the question is how the user IDs are determined on
9 your system.
10
11 > It seems the pwd and grp modules only query the local Unix /etc/passwd and
12 > /etc/group files. Can anyone confirm that ?
13 >
14 > In any event, I would appreciate any advice or help in getting this to
15 > work.
16
17 I was just looking into the python code that is implementing the failing
18 function is question. It is calling the 'getpwnam' function of the
19 operating system. I attached you some C code to see what this function
20 is returning on your system. Please compile the C code with the
21 following command:
22
23 | gcc -o getpwnam getpwnam.c
24
25 Then run it using the following command:
26
27 | ./getpwnam mdmcmull
28
29 On many UNIX systems I would expect the behaviour of this system
30 function to be determined by the output of:
31
32 | grep ^passwd /etc/nsswitch.conf
33
34 Please post the output of this command as well.
35
36 Knowing all that there is still some chance left we'll not have the
37 slightest idea what's going on. ;)
38
39 Dirk.
40 --