From: rabbe@×××××××.se
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Emerging glibc in a prefix gentoo: Meaningful? Doable?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 07:57:45
1 After successfully bootstrapping on some Linux platform one is still using
2 the glibc of the platform I suppose.
3
4 If it were possible to do a successful
5
6 emerge glibc
7
8 would that mean that the prefix gentoo then starts to use the newly
9 emerged glibc? (Maybe I would also have to do a `emerge -e world'
10 afterwards?)
11
12 Would it be a good thing to do? Would it reduce the risk for future
13 failures because of peculiarities of the platform glibc?
14
15 Then, about the "doable" question: Is it supposed to be possible to emerge
16 glibc? I gave it a shot on my Fedora Core 6 prefix setup, and it failed at
17 an early stage. I can write a bug report if this should be considered a
18 bug.
19
20 --Rabbe
23 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list