From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] dylib vs bundle?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:33:57
1 Thanks to both of you!
2
3 On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:29 AM, MATSUI Fe2+ Tetsushi
4 <VED03370@××××××××.jp>wrote:
7 > At Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:31:48 -0700,
8 > Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
9 > > Can anyone explain to me the difference between .so's, .dylib's, and
10 > > .bundle's? While trying to get plperl working for postgresql on darwin9,
11 > I
12 > > found that the libraries would load only if they were called .bundle, and
13 > > file(1) claims that they're bundles, but others have suggested that a
14 > bundle
15 > > is usually a directory, which these are not.
16 > >
17 > > Pointers to docs would be fine; a quick Google didn't return anything
18 > > illuminating, and mattmatteh on #gentoo-alt suggested I ask here.
19 >
20 > I learned about it mostly from a Fink document
21 >
22 > http://www.finkproject.org/doc/porting/shared.php?phpLang=en
23 >
24 > --