From: Maurice Volaski <mvolaski@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [Q] What's causing python on Opensolaris to fail to import modules?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:26:11
I'm installing a prefix for Indiana OpenSolaris 64-bit and I'm at the
point of emerging, but I'm getting an error:

Failed to complete python imports

Now I noticed that when python 2.5.2 is compiling in the bootstrap
phase there are repeated warnings

***WARNING: renaming "_struct" since importing it failed:
python: fatal: /usr/sfw/lib/ wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

In the directory, /opt/gentoo/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload, there
are are a number of failed .so files. Could this be related to the

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@××××××××.edu
gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list