From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 03:09:36

I have all sorts problems trying to set up a prefix on aix (6.1 with as fix, so
gcc works).
I have been trying to use prefix-launcher both 2.2.2 and localy compiled 2.3.0.
There are a lot of ebuilds masked by EAPI=4, as the bootstrap portage only
support EAPI=<3. With 2.2.2 I had troubles with pkg-config, I manually edited
the ebuild to EAPI 3 but then it needed glib2 and the glib2 rpm I got from IBM
linux toolbox are not helpful.
With 2.3.0 all versions of perl are masked either by missing keywords or
EAPI=4. I tried to get it going with ** in package.keywords but it fails to
link properly because it calls gcc with some raw linker flags (-bxxx not
preceded by -Wl,).

Does bootstrapping on aix require special instructions that I have missed?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1 Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>