From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 03:09:36
1 Hi,
2
3 I have all sorts problems trying to set up a prefix on aix (6.1 with as fix, so
4 gcc works).
5 I have been trying to use prefix-launcher both 2.2.2 and localy compiled 2.3.0.
6 There are a lot of ebuilds masked by EAPI=4, as the bootstrap portage only
7 support EAPI=<3. With 2.2.2 I had troubles with pkg-config, I manually edited
8 the ebuild to EAPI 3 but then it needed glib2 and the glib2 rpm I got from IBM
9 linux toolbox are not helpful.
10 With 2.3.0 all versions of perl are masked either by missing keywords or
11 EAPI=4. I tried to get it going with ** in package.keywords but it fails to
12 link properly because it calls gcc with some raw linker flags (-bxxx not
13 preceded by -Wl,).
14
15 Does bootstrapping on aix require special instructions that I have missed?
16
17 Francois