From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 05:22:56
1 On 23-08-2018 11:01:41 +0900, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hi Layton,
3 >
4 > Layton Kifer <laytonkifer@×××××.com> writes:
5 >
6 > > I was directed to you on the IRC after I was having a problem
7 > > installing prefix on cygwin. I eventually found the solution posted
8 > > http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/linker-error-with-gcc-flag-mfunction-return-thunk-td141297.html
9 > > and it seems this is an issue compiling OpenSSH on cygwin at the
10 > > moment. The solution of configuring with --without-hardening seems to
11 > > have worked for me. I was told you may be able to put in a patch so
12 > > that others don't encounter this problem. Let me know if there is
13 > > anything I can do to help.
14
15 Can you file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org? We need the ssh maintainers to
16 sign off on adding --without-hardening to configure args for Cygwin.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Fabian
20
21 > Thank you for trying Prefix out. I am sorry that I am not an expert on
22 > Windows. Shell we move to our mailing list? That will get your
23 > question to be corresponded more quickly.
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Benda
30 Fabian Groffen