From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Bootstrap stage3 fails because CHOST not set
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:09:20
1 On 18-12-2012 11:42:59 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > When coming to the end of the stage3 I see we try to do a gcc-config but
5 > this fails as CHOST isn't yet set with....
6 >
7 > * gcc-config: Could not get portage CHOST!
8 > * gcc-config: You should verify that CHOST is set in one of these places:
9 > * gcc-config: - /export/home/alanh/gentoo//etc/portage/make.conf
10 > * gcc-config: - active environment
11 >
12 > I see in the bootstrap guide, it mentions setting CHOST for getting
13 > 64bit native, but nothing about needing to set it in the environment.
14 >
15 > Is this required ?
16
17 No. The interactive thing handles it for you. May be that the manual
18 bootstrapping docs need updating here.
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level