From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] bootstrapping on amd64-linux: usr/lib symlinked to usr/lib64?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:56:19
On 12-06-2008 09:49:41 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> Hi, > Rather peculiar problem that I ran across while bootstrapping a new > prefix on amd64-linux. We *do* want usr/lib symlinked to usr/lib64, > yes?
Originally, yes. However, I would like amd64-linux in prefix to behave like any other installation, hence just use lib and usr/lib (die multilib die) like we do on x64-solaris as well.
> How come it doesn't get symlinked by default and what do we need to do > to fix it?
There used to be a bug on it, I guess I thought it was fixed, but it pops up again. baselayout-prefix should do this.