From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] I tried installing gentoo prefix on WSL2 running debian.....
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 13:48:21
1 It's OK.
2
3 I was sailing a bit too close to the wind there I think.
4
5 I have recently installed Clear Linux on the Fx 8350 box I have.
6
7 For a bit of fun I tried installing Gentoo Prefix on it.
8
9 The bootstrap script crashed at the outset - it is unhappy with the
10 environment variables for CCFLAGS and CCXFLAGS that are set in the bash
11 script file.
12
13 They live in a special profile file that Clear Linux uses.
14
15 The problem here is that the compiler settings are important for Clear
16 Linux to deliver the fast optimisations it is famous for.
17
18 I tried using the unset command but it didn't help. I am a bit worried
19 that I might mess up Clear Linux
20 if I am not careful in trying to persuade Gentoo Prefix to install on it.
21
22 Perhaps I should be content with having it installed on the Debian OS.
23
24 Regards
25
26 MF