From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Package failures
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 06:40:32
1 Hi William,
2
3 William Morris <wrm@××××××××.com> writes:
4
5 > Thanks for the help. I had another situation today after doing a sync and
6 > trying to update (with emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse world).
7 > The merge failed on the first of 48 (libpng). It turned out that it was quite
8 > easy to fix and I did so by changing the makefile in the working directory:
9 > make and then make install worked. However, that is clearly not enough and
10 > emerge --resume just continued from the beginning. Modifying the tarball with
11 > my fix also failed as the ebuild re-downloaded a new tarball. As you can see
12 > I'm grasping...
13 >
14 > So what is the correct way to approach this sort of failure? Sure I should
15 > report a bug (I created bug report which turned out to be a duplicate of bug
16 > 465010), but after doing that, I don't want to wait for resolution if I have a
17 > solution. But equally, I don't necessarily want to create a patch and modify
18 > the ebuild to apply it. Is there a shortcut to be able to continue?
19
20 If I were you, I'd go to test out the solution suggested by Christoph
21 Junghans.
22
23 adding "src_compile() { default AM_CCASFLAGS=; }" to
24 libpng-1.5.14.ebuild
25
26 How?
27
28 $ cd $EPREFIX/usr/portage/media-libs/libpng/
29
30 edit libpng-1.5.14.ebuild and add the line.
31
32 after that
33
34 $ ebuild libpng-1.5.14.ebuild digest
35
36 which will recalculate the manifests.
37
38 Then "emerge libpng" will work in the modified way.
39
40 However, if you sync your tree, this modification well be washed out.
41
42 That's where an overlay steps in: a place of your own modifications that
43 is "overlayed" on top of the official portage tree.
44
45 Hope this explanation helps.
46
47 Yours,