From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] gemato in prefix
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 19:15:52
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 02:12:16PM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4
5 > > I synced at 11:56 from rsync2.
6 > By the way. Syncing at 11:56 means you need to finish within 25 seconds
7
8 <facepalm> Good that I put the time in there. I totally failed to
9 connect the sync time to the regen time. But: It was only this one time.
10 The other tries before I was careful to stay away from 26,56 of the
11 hour.
12
13 I just tried again at 19:15 and 19:21 and hashverify is now back to
14 reporting hash mismatches on basically every single Manifest.
15
16 I've also verified that my compiler output isn't totally broken by
17 hashgen-ing my local tree and hashverify-ing as well as gemato-verifying
18 it. gemato croaks on srf-ip-conn-srv.pid being there. After deleting and
19 re-hashgen-ing it, gemato verifies the tree fine. Then I gemato-create-d
20 it and hashverify-d successfully.
21
22 So it all seems consistent and valid locally but to break somehow in
23 transit.
24
25 BTW: gemato verify takes 90s on my MacBook Air where hasverify takes 7
26 to 9 seconds. So I'm still sold on the speed. :)
27 --
28 Thanks,
29 Michael