From: Sam Pfeiffer <sammypfeiffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix not bootstrapping
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 08:25:00
1 Hello,
2
3 My automated builds stopped building from 8 of November 2019.
4
5 bootstrap-prefix.sh fails on stage3 trying to emerge
6 sys-kernel/linux-headers
7
8 I reported it here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/699718
9
10 sys-kernel/linux-headers-5.3-r1 fails to install with the error:
11 /tmp/gentoo/tmp/bin/bash: rsync: command not found
12
13 I had a bit of time today to try to fix it. I'm pretty sure is not a good
14 fix, but it may help someone to fix it properly.
15
16 I made gist here:
17 https://gist.github.com/awesomebytes/bf9e8dc9ad0487f59eb018d8eceb88ab
18
19 With the instructions how I got the bootstrap to keep going (haven't
20 finished a build yet, so I don't know if it completely works). Basically
21 emerge net-misc/rsync before. But rsync didn't install correctly...
22
23 On 8 Nov, sys-kernel/linux-headers updated to 5.3-r1 with this commit:
24 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/diff/sys-kernel/linux-headers/linux-headers-5.3-r1.ebuild?id=860517a4332adacd145f96d17e1fd9c1ee757d93
25
26 Which on src_prepare has the 2 lines switched of order from the previous
27 versions.
28
29 I don't know what they do (specially the one that is just the command
30 'default') so I haven't looked in that direction.
36 *Sammy Pfeiffer*
37 PhD Candidate at The Magic Lab within UTS.