From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] unemerging causes a bad symlink removal
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 03:54:34
1 On 28-08-2009 09:48:45 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using an EPREFIX set to "/" and I have a symlink like so....
5 >
6 > /usr -> /j/usr
7 >
8 > Now, when I come to unemerging a package the code in vartree.py does
9 > it's thing and when it gets to the above it removes my symlink /usr
10 > which should point to /j/usr and everything breaks until I re-instate
11 > it.
12 >
13 > I think that even when EPREFIX is used normally then this problem could
14 > arise. How many people unemerge something in prefix now ???
15
16 I guess the problem is more why it wants to remove that /usr. Maybe
17 because of the same problem we once had during install, where paths
18 "below" the offset prefix shouldn't be taken into account at all,
19 because you should not do anything there, and may not even be able to do
20 so.
24 Fabian Groffen
25 Gentoo on a different level