From: Rabbe Fogelholm <rabbe@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Prefixed Portage on even more platforms
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 16:23:55
1 I have now succeded to bootstrap Prefix Portage on SUSE 10. Thanks all who helped out!
2
3 To be precise, the machine is a SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop, version 10, patchlevel
4 1, with some undocumented modifications that probably have no significance for the
5 prefix exercise. This kind of machine is mass deployed as a general purpose platform
6 where I work and users (like me) don't have root access.
7
8 Right now there seems to be two workarounds needed for the SUSE 10 bootstrapping: see
9 reports 203363 and 203720 at <http://bugs.gentoo.org> for details.
10
11 --Rabbe
12 --