From: Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] WAMP stack with prefixed portage
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:58:14
1 Hello All,
2
3 At SpikeSource, we have been using prefixed portage for a while now as
4 our build, test, and runtime framework. We have been using prefixed
5 portage on Cygwin as well for our Windows stack builds. I had also
6 posted a few patches some months ago on this list to get portage to work
7 on Cygwin. (It is actually surprisingly easy!)
8
9 This week we released a free WAMP stack
10 (http://developer.spikesource.com/wiki/index.php/SpikeWAMP) on our
11 developer site. The cool thing is we decided to ship prefixed portage
12 along with a minimal cygwin distribution. So the portage runtime now
13 works in the installed environment. We find is extremely useful, because
14 now we can leverage the config file protection, update mechanism, and
15 package management that is build into Portage. That allowed us to build
16 the ability to apply updates to the stack and also choose and install
17 from serveral PHP web applications as add-ons.
18
19 Just wanted to share our experience with you folks. And thanks for all
20 the great work!
21
22 - Nimish
25 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list