From: Glenn Johnson <glennpj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] can not build Prefix on CentOS-7.9 system
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 02:15:49
1 I have looked at several bug reports and the libcrypt migration page at
2 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain/libcrypt_implementation#Circular_dependencies
3 but
4 can not get Prefix to bootstrap after trying several of the mentioned
5 techniques. Here is what I get with a fresh bootstrap.
6
7 /opt/packages/gpjohnsn/prefix/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-10.3.0-r2/work/gcc-10.3.0/libsanitizer/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_platform_limits_posix.cpp:142:10:
8 fatal error: crypt.h: No such file or directory
9 142 | #include <crypt.h>
11 compilation terminated.
12
13 If I try some of the workarounds, I can get past that but then hit a
14 circular dependency error involving either python or perl.
17 Glenn Johnson