From: Cyril de Vaucleroy <cyril.devaucleroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] sys-libs/timezone-data-2018c fails to emerge during prefix installation.
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 21:50:25
1 Hello all,
2
3 I am trying to set up Gentoo Prefix on a CentOS VPS, but unfortunately not
4 without issues... When the bootstrap shell script tries to emerge -e
5 system, it always fails at the same point, when trying to emerge
6 sys-libs/timezone-data-2018c. Apparently, portage complains about files
7 installed outside of the prefix (here's the complete build.log file for
8 reference : https://hastebin.com/xomagewulo.coffeescript).
9
10 The weird part is that apparently this was "fixed" in a recent commit :
11 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=f9aff1e839de0d9291b0538ce956c5b88cac0a41.
12 But as you can imagine, the fix does not work, at least for me... (Before
13 you ask, I did emerge --sync to make sure I was up to date)
14 Also, if you compare the diffs of this commit and of the commit concerning
15 timezone-data that was applied a few days before (which you can find here :
16 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=3d8012b536f1ad0d0b6a5155e6156e299d7a7a31),
17 you can see that the only thing the most recent commit does is reverting
18 the changes of the previous ones, although both had as objective to fix the
19 install on Gentoo Prefix systems...
20
21 As you can see, I have absolutely no clue of what to do next, which is why
22 any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :-)