From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] EPREFIX with symlinks + gcc
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:47:05
1 As per the subject: don't do it.
2
3 I just spend some hours to figure out why nano wouldn't compile. It
4 appeared that gcc pulled in its fixincluded header for
5 /usr/include/curses.h (from it's own location, so not from /usr/include)
6 while I had curses.h installed in my prefix in usr/include. It turned
7 out that gcc had an include search path that first included the
8 fixincluded headers, then the $EPREFIX/usr/include, causing the damage.
9
10 Further investigation revealed that this had to do with the fixincluded
11 headers path being canonical (with dereferenced symlinks), whereas my
12 include dir from prefix was non-canonical.
13
14 I have no clue why this doesn't work, but I started over from scratch
15 again, because I couldn't get the compiler's include search path fixed.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level
21 --
22 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list