From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] AIX5.3 prefix bootstrap gcc-4.2.4 failure
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:44:34
1 On 08-04-2010 20:40:02 +0900, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > I tried many times (set -xv in ebuild.sh, python -pdb with ebuild....)
3 > and could not find a way to tell portage to use my favorite bash
4 > compiled by prefix-launcher. (Dahhh)
5 >
6 > So each time there is an error, I have to spot which step goes wrong and
7 > open another shell (with modern bash of course) to execute the failed
8 > step. It works, just using a good SHELL.
9 >
10 > Hours of hours doing by hand. Now I am exhausted. I have to find a way
11 > to tell portage to use bash, and get rid of the f***ingly old sh. I am a
12 > normal user, I can't replace /bin/sh with the symlink to bash. (Dahhhh!)
13
14 Actually, portage refuses to install itself without bash. Does
15 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild.sh really contain #!/bin/sh as
16 shebang?
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level