From: Michael Yang <yangofzeal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] freebsd bootstrap doman problem
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:21:11
1 hi guys,
2
3 I was following the instructions to install bootstrap on freebsd-7.2
4 Release and found problems with the step:
5
6 emerge --oneshot --nodeps libtool
7 in http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-freebsd.xml
8
9 or
10
11 env FEATURES="-collision-protect" emerge --oneshot portage
12 in http://dev.gentoo.org/~darkside/bootstrap.xml
13
14 During the the src_install step, I get the following error:
15
16 doman: line 35: unexpected argument `(' to conditional binary operator
17
18 The error happens with:
19
20 sys-devel/libtool-2.2.6a-r00.1
21 sys-devel/libtool-2.2.4-r00.1
22 sys-devel/libtool-1.5.26
23
24 If I go directly to the var/tmp/.../work directory and type make
25 install, everything compiles/installs fine, but the ebuild won't work.
26 I solved the problem by changing the shebang line in:
27
28 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild-helpers/doman
29
30 from $EPREFIX/tmp/usr/bin/bash
34 $EPREFIX/bin/bash
35
36 I don't know how the doman got created picking up the old bash shell
37 (bootstrap instructions install bash-3.2 whereas portage emerged
38 bash-3.2.48 using darkside instructions), but this should be corrected
39 in order to allow libtool/portage to emerge correctly.