From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:52:28
On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 00:30 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> Hello, >
> Before anyone says "but, that will be much more likely to break my > prefix" - I refute that because we are already running on this policy > with regards to the automatic bumps. For the most part, it is smooth. > Major packages are masked if someone hasn't tested them yet (eg. gcc & bash) > > Any other thoughts?
so you suggest for all different profiles to just use for example x86 instead of x86-interix? i don't know... this sounds like breaking all "if x86-interix" things, which would definitely be uncool - and there are some of those if's for interix and winnt, that would definitely disturb others. now i could of course fall back to `uname`, but that would be like a journey to stone-age... please correct me if i understood this wrong. however i talked to haubi a while back about keywords. he for sure has some more wise words to say :) Cheers, Markus
> > -Jeremy > > [1]: I do weekly emerge -e world but that clearly will not test all > packages on all arches. Just the @system+$random set on one arch. >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?) Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>