From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: ARaspiK <araspik@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Gentoo Android Prefix: Issues
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 06:56:59
1 Hi ARaspiK,
2
3 Thank you for your detailed description of the symptons. Would you
4 please create a bug report[1] to better track the issues?
5
6 ARaspiK <araspik@××××××××××.com> writes:
7
8 > This is ARaspiK. There are a couple of problems with the Android
9 > 64-bit tarball that prevent it from working completely. I have no idea
10 > where to send bug reports, so I'm sending this one here.
11 >
12 > I can't upgrade Portage! This is because the `groupadd` command is
13 > missing on my system, which `net-mail/mailbase` fails without. I found
14 > that you need `sys-apps/shadow` for it, but `shadow` fails in
15 > compilation! I managed to pull the `groupadd` binary out of the build
16 > directory, but `groupadd` did not work as `/` could not be written to
17 > (even after `mount -o remount,rw` - it's type `rootfs`). I did find
18 > that you could set a prefix for it, except that it failed even then!
19 > Groupadd failed with `cannot open /etc/group\nfailed to unlock
20 > /etc/group`, which I don't know how to fix.
21
22 The best way to move forward is to prefixify it. You will need to study
23 the source code of sys-apps/shadow, and figure out the code that reads
24 /etc/passwd and /etc/group to come up with a patch.
25
26 > The only method I could think of to solve the groupadd permissions
27 > problem was to chroot into the gentoo64 dir and reinstall from
28 > there. The problem is that all the packages are build with `-static`
29 > and `-static-libs`, so I'm currently trying to recompile all the
30 > packages. I have managed to recompile Busybox and was able to chroot
31 > in, and I am now recompiling gcc. I have no idea if this will work and
32 > this is really not the best way to go about doing this.
33
34 This might work but is not encouraged.
35
36 > I noticed that `ldd` printed `/data/gentoo64/<blah>` for all the
37 > compiled libs, so it may be possible to rewrite their directories, but
38 > I have no idea how.
39
40 They are written automatically by gcc of the Prefix. Actually, the
41 binaries compiled from sys-apps/shadow have their libraries
42 prefixified.
43
44 > I am severely stuck and looking for help.
45 >
46 > TARGET: aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu
47 > Machine: Huawei Honor 6X
48 > Software: Lineage OS (ext4 data filesystem) with Magisk (did not affect issues)
49
50 Cheers,
51 Benda
52