From: Aaron Wilson <tallest@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] startprefix not sourcing prefixed profile, PATH not set
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:30:38
1 I moved all of my specific ~/.bash* files out of the way and ran
2
3 $ ktrace -f /var/tmp/bash.trace ~/Library/Gentoo/bin/bash
4 bash-3.2$ exit
5 $ kdump -f /var/tmp/bash.trace | less
6
7 The first lines that contain 'etc' are as follows
8
9 19505 bash NAMI "/etc/bash/bashrc"
10 19505 bash RET open -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
11
12 So my bash is certainly trying to source the non-prefixed files. The
13 only lines that includes 'Gentoo/etc' is
14
15 19505 bash NAMI "/Users/wilson/Library/Gentoo/etc/terminfo/x/
16 xterm-color"
17
18 and another one just like it. I will email you the bash.trace file
19 separately.
20
21 Aaron
22
23 > I just ran
24 > % ktrace -f /var/tmp/bash.trace bash
25 > $ ^D
26 > % kdump -f /var/tmp/bash.trace | less
27 >
28 > and the first file it opens (after lots of library loads by the
29 > linker)
30 > is
31 > 21164 bash NAMI "/Library/Gentoo/etc/bash/bashrc"
32 > which is clearly a prefix path.
33 >
34 > I don't see it *ever* touching a non-prefixed file. That said, could
35 > (one of you) try the same as I did above and look through the
36 > output of
37 > kdump to see if you see it opening non-prefixed files?
38 >
39 > (Don't dump the file here on the list, or any other public place. If
40 > you want me to look at it, send it to me privately.)
43 > --
44 > Fabian Groffen
45 > Gentoo on a different level
46 >