From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix on RHEL4 amd64
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:36:36
1 Stefan Hoelldampf wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > right now I'm having some trouble boostrapping Gentoo Prefix on RHEL4
5 > using amd64. The issues I'm experiencing seem to be in the binutils/gcc
6
7 I've bootstrapped multiple times on rhel4 64bit after the migration to
8 64bit only. If there is one linux platform that gets the most dev
9 coverage, it is that one.
10
11 > area. Both described problems might be related to each other but I'm not
12 > really sure. Anyway, here they are:
13 >
14 > 1. Using sys-devel/gcc-4.2.4 the bootstrap process is working but e.g.
15 > app-text/poppler-0.10.0 can not be emerged. I traced it down to a
16 > $EPREFIX/usr/lib{,64} problem. r29645 removed the usr/lib64->lib
17
18 removed the symlink creation because usr/lib64 shouldn't exist in Prefix
19 on an amd64 system. I am positive that I have poppler installed on my
20 prefix. I will have to check tomorrow. Until then...
21 -Jeremy