From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Java :)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:30:25
1 With some faking to get an JDK on OSX (by actually symlinking to the
2 system installed ones) I got the entire Java configuration/compilation
3 framework running. I was able to compile ant, which has a crazy amount
4 of deps, and this all went well, so I guess we're in shape to extend on
5 the Java side of life.
6
7 I suspect we can install a Java compiler on x86/amd64 Linux and Solaris
8 using portage. ia64 can use Bea's one, Jikes for AIX? And there are
9 still efforts going on in the Java overlay to have gcj as a SDK, which
10 would give some help for platforms like hppa and mips-based
11 architectures.
12
13 Anyway, prefix is just prefix, so all this message says is that it looks
14 like we have the Gentoo support scripts ported now ;)
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level
20 Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform 1.4
21 --
22 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list