From: Greg <trigggl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] ssh in AIX
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:02:01
1 Markus Duft wrote:
5 >>Well, after a lot of tinkering, I did manage to get the sshd server
6 >>started as root. Also, I can ssh into it as root. For some strange
7 >>reason it won't allow me to ssh in as a user. When I try, I get a
8 >>"permission denied" message after I type in my passwd.
9 >>
10 >>This is probably more of an AIX thing than a Prefix thing, but I was
11 >>wondering if anyone would know what would cause this?
15 >Hmm... no plan. You could start sshd with debug output enabled like this (I used this to make sshd work on interix):
16 >
17 >EPREFIX/usr/sbin/sshd -D -d -d -d
18 >
19 >This sshd will run for one login attempt only, but will print a lot of usefull info (partially also on the client side...). you'll have to stop your running sshd first.
20 >
21 >Hope that helps,
22 >Markus
25 I just realized I never posted my progress on this.
26
27 My problem logging on as user 'greg' was actually a pretty simple error
28 in my /etc/passwd file. I had the '-l' option on the path to bash.
29 Since the system saw it as invalid, it just refused to login and kicked
30 me back out.
31
32 I tested X forwarding and it works also, as well as scp (which is very
33 helpful).
34
35 I edited /etc/rc to include the ssh daemon. I'll see if it works next
36 time I boot up.
41 Greg Trigg
42
43 Jacksonville, AR