From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] packages that run as root
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 04:27:29
1 On 06/06/2010 12:43 PM, mattmatteh@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >> Current situation is to mask packages that run as root. I'm seriously
6 >> considering to lift this restriction because:
7 >>
8 >> 1) We aren't very good at keeping this list up2date.
9 >> 2) It poses artificial restrictions for some users and doens't harm the
10 >> other users.
11 >> 3) Why bother to mask them?
12 >>
13 >> Anyone disagree?
14 >> -Jeremy
15 >
16 > running as root still works ? i suppose ther could be the case where
17 > root could have a prefix ?
18 >
19 > matt
22 The thread should really be called "packages that need root privs to
23 run" and we have now had enough feedback that I am moving forward this
24 week on it. :)
25 -Jeremy