From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] AIX5.3 prefix bootstrap gcc-4.2.4 failure
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 04:39:14
1 Dear guys and girls,
2
3 I have successfully bootstraped Gentoo Prefix on some old Fedora Core 3
4 machine on which I am only a normal user. I am very happy. Gentoo rocks!
5 Alt rocks! Prefix rocks!
6
7 Now I am locking my target on some AIX machines. But the problems come
8 up in an early stage.
9
10 First after STFW, I found I need to use prefix-launcher on
11 sf.net. QUESTION: is prefix-launcher an official part of gentoo-prefix?
12 I can see most recent svn ci's. why is it hosted on sf instead of
13 gentoo?
14
15 But prefix-launcher fail wildly when it's compiling gcc-4.2.4.
16
17 I was frustrated to do make clean && make install on prefix-launcher
18 again and again. Finally I realized I have to compile gcc-4.2.4 by
19 myself.
20
21 But there comes the linker problem:
22
23 There are always some unresolved symbol issue in stage 3 of
24 bootstrap. After another round of STFW, esp. on gcc bugzilla, I think it
25 is some path issue on AIX linker. ld just couldn't find the right
26 library to link against.
27
28 Any hints and ideas are appreciated.
29
30 I attach the latest command (cmd) and linking message (debug).
33 XU Benda
34 Research Center for Neutrino Science
35 Tohoku University
36 JAPAN