From: rabbe@×××××××.se
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Bootstrapping behind an HTTP proxy
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 01:50:54
1 Great, I'll retire my emerge-sync wrapper script and see if a plain
2 `emerge --sync' does the job (once 320555 is resolved that is).
3
4 Which transport mechanism is it that gets used? The rsync manpage mentions
5 SSH as one possibility. If SSH is being used it might work without any
6 extra configuration from within my particular enterprise environment.
7
8 --Rabbe
11 > Some comments:
12 >
13 > Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:
14 >
15 >> This is really old. Bootstraps no longer use a subversion-based tree,
16 >> but an rsync one. I don't know how rsync plays with a proxy setup, but
17 >> in the worst case it would mean to resort to webrsync, which uses plain
18 >> wget over http.
19 >
20 > rsync behind an HTTP proxy can be accomplished with env variable
21 >
22 > RSYNC_PROXY=$host:$port
23 >
24 > of course the proxy server need to have CONNECT method on rsync port
25 > enabled.
26 >
27 > --
28 > XU Benda
29 > Research Center for Neutrino Science
30 > Tohoku University
31 > JAPAN
32 >
33 > http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda