From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] RPATH/RUNPATH set automatically in gcc - How?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:43:26
1 On 30-11-2010 18:37:37 +0100, justin wrote:
2 > on prefix the RPATH/RUNPATH is automatically set to mach libraries from
3 > the prefix. How is that done? And can we implement a solution for icc/ifc?
4
5 We "patched" gcc to have the prefix usr/include included in the search
6 path, and we have an extended ld-wrapper that includes the library paths
7 from the prefix on every ld invocation.
8
9 You can't modify icc (I presume) so the first is difficult, but if
10 you're lucky you icc calls /usr/bin/ld which still can be the ld-wrapper
11 like we use.
12
13 The thing that should work, and that we have to use during bootstrap,
14 and platforms that don't have a gcc/ld that we build ourselves:
15 CPPFLAGS=-I/path/to/prefix/usr/include
16 LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/prefix/usr/lib ...
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level