From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] linkage of libiconv on mac os x
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:49:21
1 Hello,
2
3 I noticed that quite a number of binaries and libraries in my prefix
4 installation are linked against /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib as well as
5 ${EPREFIX}/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib. My system is Mac OS X 10.5.2.
6
7 The cause seems obvious: If some package doesn't add
8 -I${EPREFIX}/usr/include and -L${EPREFIX}/usr/lib to its CFLAGS and
9 LDFLAGS, it will link against the system's libiconv. If this package
10 happens to be a library like glib, it pulls it into all the binaries
11 that link against it.
12
13 This hasn't caused any problems thus far but I'm wondering if this is
14 known behaviour or a bug in my setup.
15 --
16 Thanks in advance,
17 Micha
18 --