From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] About KEYWORDS in the prefix tree
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:18:34
1 All -
2 Heads up. Historically, the prefix tree contained *only* ebuilds that
3 were tested to work. As such, they had "prefix" style keywords.
4 (~amd64-linux, ~ppc-macos, etc). Going forward, our tree will be having
5 more and more ebuilds that have not been tested to work with prefix.
6 That is, no prefix keywords but maybe ~amd64, ppc, etc. You cannot set
7 your ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to "amd64" and expect an unchecked ebuild to just
8 work for prefix.
9
10 I've seen more than one person on IRC ask about this, a guaranteed way
11 to set yourself up for failure. If an ebuild is missing your *prefix*
12 keyword, then it needs to be fixed and file a bug for the working
13 package. (We do not have the manpower/motivation to fix all the packages
14 ourselves)
15
16 Here is some help:
17 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/techdocs.xml
18 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/ecopy.xml
19
20 Please ask if you need help with something.
21 -Jeremy