From: Matt Michalowski <me@××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] OpenSolaris is working
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 05:01:35
1 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 03-06-2008 09:39:46 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 >
4 >> Since we're rsync based, I can avoid taking an entirely new snapshot
5 >> (with the risk of it being broken) but just update certain things only.
6 >> So I guess I'll do that in this case to add in OpenSolaris support.
9 > I already added a new snapshot yesterday, but I found an annoying
10 > problem in gcc-4.2.3 that is fixed in 4.2.4 that is exposed during the
11 > bootstrap process. Todays snapshot should finally be it!
12 >
13 > (This is mutt from my OpenSolaris/Solaris 11 machine with Vim)
14 >
15 Nice - haven't personally tested the new snapshot, but I was able to
16 bootstrap on OpenSolaris 2008.05 the other day using my own snapshot.
17 Just for an experiment, I unmasked GCC 4.3.1 at the very beginning and
18 was able to bootstrap and emerge the entire system using GCC 4.3.1 (as
19 well as GCC 4.2.4)
20
21 My OpenSolaris install was very "clean" and I only installed SUNWgcc and
22 SUNWgmake (+ dependencies) from the pkg.opensolaris.org repository.
23
24 If anyone else is interested, here is a couple of deviations from the
25 Solaris 10 bootstrap doc I had to perform:
26 - "emerge --oneshot --nodeps =sys-devel/m4-1.4.10-r3" before emerging
27 flex in CL 1.8 (perhaps the upstream flex ebuild should depend on m4 -
28 or would they not bother because m4 is assumed to be a system package?)
29 - "emerge --oneshot --nodeps bison" before emerging GCC
30 - when testing a bootstrap again with just GCC 4.3.1 I also emerged gmp
31 and mpfr before gcc
32
33 Matt.
37 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list