From: Martin Luessi <mluessi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] broke prefix installation using "eselect profile"
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:07:40

I just successfully installed a gentoo prefix setup on CentOS (amd64).
I was silly and used "eselect profile" after the instllation and this
seems to have broken the instllation. I tried to fix it by having
"$EPREFIX/etc/make.profile" point to
"$EPREFIX/usr/portage/profiles/prefix/linux/amd64". However, now
portage tries to install masked packages, e.g.,

emerge -a portage
[ebuild  N    *] sys-apps/sandbox-2.5  USE="(-multilib)"
[ebuild     U *] sys-apps/portage-9999 [] USE="-python2% -python3%"

The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
#required by sys-apps/portage-9999, required by portage (argument)
>=sys-apps/sandbox-2.5 **
#required by portage (argument)
>=sys-apps/portage-9999 **
On the other hand, if I set "EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n" all versions of portage seem to be masked. I have not manually unmasked or masked any packages and have no idea why this is happening. Any tips on how to fix this are greatly appreciated. Martin

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] broke prefix installation using "eselect profile" Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>