From: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] emerge coreutils warning about su not being available
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 00:12:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I am testing out the prefix overlay on OS X Leopard and I came across
4 a warning when emerging coreutils, not sure whether it matters.
5
6 rm: /Users/peter/Library/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/coreutils-6.9-r1/image/Users/peter/Library/Gentoo//usr/bin/su:
7 No such file or directory
8
9 Potentially it could have installed something to $EPREFIX/usr/bin that
10 it didn't want to, but I am not sure what it was. The error about su
11 not being a valid command is the worrying bit I guess.
12
13 So far so good, except for python failing, the rest have worked well.
14 Why is the prefix still using python-2.4 btw. The system default 2.5
15 seems to be reasonable for this, and my PC Pentium 4 ~x86
16 installation.
17
18 Cheers,
19