From: "Tamás Gérczei" <gerczei.tamas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:10:18
1 Hey Benda and List,
2
3 Just a kinda off-topic remark: the tarball You link to isn't a bzip2
4 archive despite its name. It's a simple tarball - hence the step-by-step
5 HOWTO fails.
6
7 Regards,
8 Tamás
11 On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM, <heroxbd@×××××.com> wrote:
12
13 > Dear Egg Plant,
14 >
15 > I will make one reply, to the gentoo-alt list.
16 >
17 > Egg Plant <egg.plant@××××××××××.com> writes:
18 >
19 > > You may take a look at the "libhybris" project. It's being used by the
20 > > Sailfish OS & probably Ubuntu in future. Now some Intel developers are
21 > > also showing interest in it and is being integrated with Wayland.
22 > >
23 > > https://github.com/libhybris/libhybris
24 > > https://github.com/stskeeps/libhybris
25 > >
26 > > -->sourcecode present & previous
29 > http://mer-project.blogspot.fi/2013/04/wayland-utilizing-android-gpu-drivers.html
30 > >
31 > http://mer-project.blogspot.fi/2013/05/wayland-utilizing-android-gpu-drivers.html
32 > > -->Carsten Munk's posting, he is the original developer & now the
33 > > Chief Research Engineer in Jolla, which develop Sailfish OS.
34 > >
35 > > http://www.merproject.org/
36 > > https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Main_Page
37 > > -->Mer project & its wiki. It works as backend of several OS under
38 > development for embeded devices.
41 > http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/04/08/libhybris-let-you-use-android-drivers-hw-libraries-in-linux/
42 > > -->some more info
43 > >
44 > > https://launchpad.net/libhybris
45 > > -->"libhybris" at Canonical Ubuntu
46 > >
47 > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybris_%28software%29
48 > > -->The wikipedia article seems a little confusing.
49 > >
50 > > [DISCLAIMER: I have very little knowledge about programming & kernel,
51 > > so may be I am associating wrong projects with your project. I am in
52 > > any way not associated with the above mentioned sites & projects.]
53 >
54 > Thanks a lot for these pointers. I have browsed it through.
55 >
56 > I am sure the graphics of Gentoo on Android needs to depend on hybris
57 > and wayland. But the details are not there yet.
58 >
59 > Right now we only have a functional base Gentoo available on Android
60 > devices.
61 >
62 > > Waiting for your success... to reach my Android device!! I mean your
63 > > project... ;-)
64 >
65 > Take a look at the project page at
66 >
67 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android
68 >
69 > You are more than welcomed to test it out on your device.
70 >
71 > > I think it will be better if there is a sticky in the Gentoo
72 > > Discussion Forums under "Gentoo on Alternative Architectures" on
73 > > "Gentoo on Android".
74 >
75 > To update the status regularly?
76 >
77 > > Or, is their any dedicated mailing list to discuss problems
78 > > encountered in using this project?
79 >
80 > > Or, it will be Bugzilla & IRC only as of now?
81 >
82 > No, I just hang around gentoo-{dev,alt}, and use official Gentoo
83 > bugzilla.
84 >
85 > Therefore all the development activities are found in Gentoo
86 > infrastructure.
87 >
88 > > May be I am thinking too fast!
89 >
90 > > Please enlighten me, if you get some time from your busy life. :)
91 >
92 > Just get a Gentoo on your Android device as a starting point.
93 >
94 > There is absolutely no code for graphics yet. It would be super cool if
95 > you would like to contribute to it.
96 >
97 > Cheers,
98 > Benda