From: Jeremy <jer.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] doc for write prefix ebuild?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:31:50
1 Qiangning Hong wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Tobias Hahn <tobhahn@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> I'd say it depends, whether you think your ebuilds are so specific to prefix
4 >> that they are only useful inside a prefix or whether you think they might be
5 >> useful for gentoo/linux as well.
6 >
7 > I'd like to that. However, I have no access to a gentoo linux box now
8 > since I switched to MacBook Pro :) I'm afraid if it is good to submit
9 > a untested ebuild...
10
11 prefix doesn't have a sufficient amount of devs to maintain ebuilds
12 existing only in the prefix tree. You can file bugs and see where that
13 takes ya, worst case is that you will have to keep them in your personal
14 overlay. Maybe a prefix dev will maintain it for you but no guarantees ;-)
15
16 Long story short, filing bugs doesn't hurt anyone.
17
18 <snip>
19
20 HTH,