From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix overlay moved from svn to mercurial
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 20:41:35
1 All,
2
3 Due to overlays.gentoo.org being down [1], I've imported the last copy
4 the rsync master had into a Mercurial clone [2] hosted on
5 prefix.gentooexperimental.org. If you want/need push access to the
6 prefix-overlay, please send me an ssh key.
7
8 Since overlays.gentoo.org is hosted at a company that no longer exists,
9 and most of the people that worked there have moved elsewhere, I suspect
10 it might not return soon, if at all. Therefore I created a Mercurial
11 clone. Why Mercurial? because we already had a Mercurial setup up and
12 runing on prefix.gentooexperimental.org (where the rsync master is as
13 well). Since prefix.gentooexperimental.org is under our full control
14 (e.g. not infra) this is easiest to run for the time being the overlay
15 needs to exist.
16
17 Should you have any questions, feel free to ask them,
18
19 Fabian
22 [1] http://infra-status.gentoo.org/notice/20140110-overlays
23 [2] http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org:8000/prefix-overlay/file/