From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:11:07
1 Hi all,
2
3 Well you're certainly right, Dirk, that one launchd plist for all of
4 Gentoo would be easier than distributing a plist per daemon and
5 worrying about where to put it. We'd lose some of the functionality of
6 launchd, but it's probably a win for non-Darwin prefix users if we
7 work on maintaining init.d scripts.
8
9 Is the problem with the runlevel not getting reset to do with your
10 launchagent being fire-and-forget, with no reboot-time hook?
11
12 Perhaps we could write a small application to stay resident and
13 respond to launchd, shutting daemons down cleanly on reboot.
14
15 Peter
16