From: Rabbe Fogelholm <rabbe@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Using Gentoo Prefix to support a more recent version of Eclipse?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:48:05
1 I have a situation where Gentoo Prefix may possibly help.
2
3 I want to run Eclipse with a plugin for Erlang development. The plugin requires me to use a recent version of Eclipse. However, the platform that I am stuck with is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS, which has an old GTK 3 version, which would force me to use Eclipse "Oxygen", not compatible with the Erlang plugin.
4
5 So, I am wondering: If I can get Gentoo Prefix set up, with presumably an up-to-date version of GTK 3, could I then hope that this Eclipse can find the newer GTK 3 and run happily?
6
7 Any thoughts welcome!
8
9 BR / Rabbe Fogelholm