From: Ruud Koolen <redlizard@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Restructuring the bootstrap (or: getting rid of gcc 4.2)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 04:52:24
1 On Sunday 02 February 2014 03:31:51 Ruud Koolen wrote:
2 > What say you, prefix people? Is this the proper way forward?
3
4 My efforts on this topic are now in a branch of the prefix-tree repository at
5 http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/hg/new-bootstrap/ . The current version
6 works at linux and solaris, but neither platform has been particularly well
7 tested. Support for *bsd and aix is currently in the works.
8
9 Can you all have a look to judge whether this looks sane, and whether it is an
10 improvement over current matters?
11
12 Fabian, could you take a look at whether this does something reasonable on
13 osx? It's the one platform I don't really have access to.
14
15 -- Ruud